The Murray Stable is forming a number of practice groups, the first stable to do so. The first to launch was the Employment Law Group, which held a very successful conference on 21 April. The next is the rather cumbersomely-named Public, Administrative and Human Rights Law Practice Group , which has twenty-three members of whom I am one. Our first public meeting will be at the Mackenzie Building, Old Assembly Close, 172 High Street, Edinburgh EH1 1QX (map here ) on 29 May (one hour CPD).
- 5.30 Registration; tea and coffee
- 6.00 Janys Scott QC, Murray Stable Director: Introduction
- 6.10 Jonathan Mitchell QC and Ailsa Carmichael, Advocate: Planning and Running a Judicial Review: 10 do’s and don’ts: (followed by questions and discussion)
- 7.00 Iain Murray, Murray Stable Practice Manager: A few words on clerking
- 7.10 The important business of the evening: Wine and refreshments
We have sent out invitations, but if you didn’t receive one and would like to come, please ask the stable or any member of the group: space may be limited.