There are still a few places left at the Murray Stable Employment Law Group ‘s evening seminar at the Royal Faculty of Procurators Library, Nelson Mandela Place, Glasgow, 5.30 pm on 27th January 2009. This is a a free evening seminar which will consist of three short updates on current issues in employment law. The event is aimed at solicitors who practise in this field but who would welcome an update in some of key areas of employment law.To book, email email@example.com or telephone the Murray Stable on 0131 260 5670.
The following topical subjects will be covered:
- How to advise clients in carrying out a redundancy exercise – Alice Stobart, Advocate 
- Constructive dismissal – what are the hurdles facing claimants? – Christian Marney, Advocate 
- Current issues in disability discrimination law – Derek O’Carroll, Advocate 
Each advocate will speak for approximately 15 minutes and there will be the opportunity for questions and discussion at the end. This event has been accredited for one hour CPD under the Faculty of Advocates CPD scheme and gives the opportunity to meet informally with members of the Group and its clerking support.
The programme is:
- 5.30 Registration: tea and coffee;
- 6.00-7.00 Seminar Topics as above
- 7.00 A Brief Word on Clerking: Iain Murray, Murray Stable Practice Manager;
- 7.10 Wine and light refreshments.